Gamer's tip and lifehacks

Monday, August 31, 2015

how to play games without overheating

When I start new games like FIFA 15,it runs smoothly for a while then starts to stutter,tearing happens and it becomes a real pain having to restart the laptop.THe most frustrating thing is that this is a relatively new problem. Games that were running fine till a few days ago are now stuttering after say 10-15 mins.I checked task manager and saw that only about 50 % of memory is being used.
  • I tried updating my graphics driver to the latest one. Didn't work. Had to go back to the one I was using.

  • Tried a friend's cooling pad. Sometimes did work but not so much. After a while I kept having them anway.

  • Finally after much researching online I came to know about overclocking and underclocking. It allows you to set the clock speed of your processor. Clock speed is the rate at which your graphics card would complete instructions.

Overclocking is something you should not do. You make your graphic card over do stuff by doing that which can lead to problems like more overheating, frying your processor.

Underclocking is reducing your clock rate. This worked for me magically. MSI Afterburner also allows you to display your GPU usage, RAM usage and GPU/RAM temperature while in game.

Clocking your GPU is something you should do with care. It's not for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment